Click on the banner to visit our new and improved consumer trends blog!


Friday, May 15, 2009

This just in: The customer is in charge

Last week, I attended the Association for Consumer Trends forum in San Francisco… which focused on matters of technology, diversity, sustainability, and more. This week, I went to the Association of National Advertisers conference in New York... which was titled “Brand Building in Tough Times & Beyond.”

There was one conspicuous, common denominator to both events: Lots of companies have lost touch with who the consumer is and what they want. At the ANA conference, in particular, there seemed to be a sense of urgency to the message; that companies have overlooked the most important player in their marketing plan: The customer.

I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m suffering from a bit of information overload right now. In the past two weeks, I’ve received input from people at Charles Schwab, Google, Dunkin’ Donuts, Fender, DYG, Frito Lay, and more. Over the next several weeks, I will do my very best to (as Google would say), organize the information, and make it useful.

Mike Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment