Click on the banner to visit our new and improved consumer trends blog!


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Your brain, "off the grid"

It is easy to skim a variety of national publications digitally; once in a while, I come across an article compelling enough that it makes me seek-out the printed edition of a story, so as to better absorb it. This week, that’s what happened when I read this piece about a handful of scientists that went “off the grid,” as reported by the New York Times. Click here to read the rather lengthy piece.

Implications: After reading this report, I caught myself not thinking about the scientists that went “off the grid,” but rather, I was thinking about the consumers who remain “on” the grid. If our attention span is so taxed by technology that we have difficulty thinking deeply about most matters, how does a marketer gain deep attention in the mind of the consumer?

I highly recommend this story. Click on the link above, and realize the implications for your marketing communications are many.

Mike Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment